[Cialug] Daily reading?

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Feb 16 14:53:02 CST 2011

Two sites that were not in my bundles that are worth crafting RSS feeds for:

1) http://opencrs.com/

This site lists the reports that our congresspeople are given about the issues that they are voting on.  It is surprisingly balanced... but often incomplete.  It's also interesting to see what congress is supposed to read and based on their own comments clearly is not.

2) http://www.eurekalert.org/

Pick your topics and get feeds of current papers being published in numerous scientific disciplines.  It's the next best thing to forking over the money to actually subscribe to all the journals.  If you see something interesting and WANT to read the long journal article, you can likely find it via the online journals at the State Library of Iowa.  Cards and access is free.  If you don't have a state library card, you're an idiot^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H not taking full advantage of your information resources.  State library is at:  http://www.statelibraryofiowa.org/

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net<http://www.AllianceTechnologies.net>
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Blog: Don't just blame the bad guys, it's your fault too
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej

How are we doing? Let us know here:
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/forms/alliance-technologies-feedback-survey