[Cialug] AmesLug Mar 10th: Video - Capturing, Converting, and Streaming

Matthew Steven matthew at geniusweb.com
Tue Feb 15 10:14:35 CST 2011

[ note: I'm still seeking more program ideas and volunteers to present
through the rest of this year, so please email me if you have something
interesting to share! ]

The next meeting will be held at Ames Public Library at 8pm on Thursday
March 10th. The doors will open at 7:30pm so if you want to show up
early, feel free. If you haven't been to the Founder's Suite yet, just
go to the information desk and they'll direct you.

The topic will be FOSS video, including capturing with webcams and other
devices, converting to useful formats such as for upload to youtube, and
streaming programs as well if time permits.

Returning to present after his triumphant program on MythTV will be
Scott Prader. We're also planning to record the meeting so it will be
available to those who can't be present, using the techniques shown at
the meeting in fact!

Gotta love recursion.

--
Matthew Steven