[Cialug] OT Wordpress

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Feb 15 08:29:08 CST 2011

Carefully consider Kenneth's answer. Wordpress has a few mechanisms to make
it easy for people to keep it up to date. FTP is only one. And, to be
honest, an out of date wordpress installation is probably less secure than
FTP credentials stored in the database.

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:04 PM, kristau <kristau at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you have shell access to the host, just use scp to upload the
> > files, then manage them through an ssh session. Yes, it isn't as
> > convenient as doing this through the browser, but it is much more
> > secure.
>
> That's what I've been doing.  I was hoping that there was some way to
> make the convenient method secure.
>
> --
> Todd

Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin