[Cialug] SOLVED: perc 6/e battery placement

Barry Von Ahsen barry at vonahsen.com
Fri Feb 11 13:33:00 CST 2011

first, my bad, it was a PERC H700, but the battery issue remained, esp.
since dell sent the manual for a 5/i / 6/i (hence my confusion).

in this particular server (poweredge R410), there's a little compartment
behind the drive bays next to the fans.  then the cable snakes along
with the SATA cables

before:
http://vonahsen.com/perc/20110211_001.jpg

after: