[Cialug] ot samsung galaxy

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Feb 11 09:24:42 CST 2011

The galaxy tab is a pretty sweet tablet. The first I've seen that I'd say is
in the same class as the ipad, as far as hardware quality is concerned. I'd
say it is a better tablet for media consumption than the ipad (lighter, wide
screen) but for all other purposes will not be able to beat the ipad (fewer
apps, ui is not as well optimized for the form factor).

One problem with it is that if you do want 3g then the a'la carte pricing
may not be as good as Apples. I looked into one of them, I can't remember if
it was Verizon or T-Mobile, but the monthly pricing was the same but there
was a $30 activation fee every time you switched it on. :-/ with the iPad
you simply pay for the period of time you want and that's it.

Best Buy has them to play with if you want to try it out.

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Dan Hockey <icepuck3k at yahoo.com> wrote:

> yesterday costco had the samsug galaxy tab 7" for 399.99 no contract. Is
> that a deal and is it a good phone worth having?
> -dan

Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin