[Cialug] low cost workstation

Dave Hala Jr dave at 58ghz.net
Wed Dec 28 14:01:12 CST 2011

I haven't done any "scientific" tests. However, the results are so
dramatic that I'm not going to bother.

I'm almost positive that this tech could be a game a changer -at least
for me. I have a couple of dual cpu quad core servers that are 3-4 years
old. I barely utilize the cpu's, as the disk sub system is the bottle
neck. I'm really tempted to put a pair of SSD's drives in those machines
and extend their life a couple of more years while getting a huge
performance increase.

I haven't been this excited about a new piece of tech for years. Seemed
the last 3-4 years it was just incremental boring improvements on the
same old every day stuff.

:) Dave