[Cialug] lp0 on fire

Patrick Mcgillan patrick.mcgillan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 18:16:46 CST 2011

Reminds me of back in the 90s when HP LJ4 were popular. It was easy to
send a small coded message to the printer that would change the
display to read something else. So I erased the Ready message and
substituted Virus Alert. Drove the net admins crazy and they finally
got rid of the printer. Would send it randomly every week or two. As I
was leaving their employment, I told them and we had a good laugh as
know one could figure out how a LJ4 could detect viruses.

Patrick

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Barry Von Ahsen <barry at vonahsen.com> wrote:
> http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/29/hackers-can-set-your-hp-printer-on-fire-researchers-demonstrate/
>

> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lp0_on_fire if you're not aware) :)