[Cialug] Cool SSH tricks

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Mon Aug 29 08:22:02 CDT 2011

On 2011-08-24 at 09:34:21, Thomas Kula wrote:
>I use a bunch of ssh configuration tricks (to the point where I have a
>Makefile that generates my .ssh/config....)

Coming from anyone else, i'd be surprised. Coming from you, i'm not. :)

If you'd care to elaborate, i'd be interested in hearing about such an
advanced ssh setup, or in seeing the Makefile.

>Also, use screen.

Seconded. I usually only use it for important updates on servers for
which a dropped connection in the middle would be Bad. But one of these
days i need to get it setup to conditionally start or reconnect on login
for all the machines i connect to so i don't have to remember to use it.

__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 112, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu