[Cialug] Virtual Box and NAS

John Lengeling John.Lengeling at radisys.com
Thu Aug 18 11:26:42 CDT 2011

> A ReadyNAS is not going to be able to saturate the built-in gigabit ethernet due to the slow-ish controller...

There is a broad range of ReadyNAS boxes available.  Consumer and Pro models.   Are you also talking about the Pro models which have multicore Intel controllers or you are talking about some of their lowend/consumer models which use an embedded CPU?

I have several lower-end ReadyNAS boxes with the embedded CPUs and would agree that performance is slower.   What about their higher-end Pro models?  Do you have experience with them?

johnl