[Cialug] Reminder: LUG meeting THIS WEEK. Wednesday 7pm - 9pm

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Sun Aug 14 14:26:21 CDT 2011

This is another reminder that we are having a special LUG meeting this week.  Here is some more information:

1) One of the topics will be using open source software for business purposes.  We will discuss Open/Libre Office, Inkscape and The GIMP as well as numerous services like Google, Bing, Rapleaf, and Maltego.

2) Another topic will be how to get a job doing what you love.  This will be similar to the "career day" sorts of meetings we've had in the past, but will go deeper and be more more specific.  There will be an actual presentation.

3) We will have guests.  (I am still lining these up.)

4) The meeting will be at LightEdge.  As I've mentioned in my earlier emails, Alliance is moving and LightEdge would like to be considered for a future meeting site, so we're having the August and September meetings at LightEdge and, with luck, the October and November meetings at Alliance's new offices.  Then we can vote on where we'll be permanently.

5) LightEdge is bribing us to vote for them by paying for parking and giving us snacks.  A map and detailed parking directions are at http://www.cialug.org/?page_id=7&location_id=8

6) I'll be doing giveaways.

So, I would very much appreciate it if you could make time to attend this meeting.  I have high hopes for it being awesome.

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net<http://www.AllianceTechnologies.net>
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Blog: Public attacks are on the rise.  Are you protecting yourself?
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej

How are we doing? Let us know here:
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/forms/alliance-technologies-feedback-survey