[Cialug] Virtual Box and NAS

Dave Hala Jr dave at 58ghz.net
Fri Aug 12 14:24:56 CDT 2011

I really doesn't appear that there is much differance between the
Readynas 1500 and the entry level Powervaults.

My intent is virtualize about 6 servers and most likely launch the VM's
from a central location. They are mostly low-medium traffic webservers.

I'm not against building a server, but ya know, if I can just buy one
and plug it in, that's not always a bad thing.  I was hoping to stay
around the 1500-3k range. How many people actually build there own rack
servers anymore?

Interesting to VB VM's launched from USB drives and high-end NAS.