[Cialug] Fwd: Des Moines Seminar: Learn How to Reduce Costs With VMware View

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Thu Apr 28 11:13:45 CDT 2011

On Apr 28, 2011, at 10:47 AM, Paul Gray wrote:

> I'm also a fan of VirtualBox for working with VM images on my personal workstation/laptop.

I've become a big fan of qemu for it's run-likes-a-unix-program simplicity -- it takes options on the command line, uses standard tools for networking, uses whatever seekable stream I want for storage, lets me put VNC on a named socket, can live-migrate via any stream, etc.

It's not what I use on my GUI desktop, but I really like it on servers because it doesn't require any change in the way I'd run other, traditional services or any special tools for setup or administration.

	Zach