[Cialug] Fwd: Des Moines Seminar: Learn How to Reduce Costs With VMware View

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Thu Apr 28 10:47:24 CDT 2011

Not to fan flames of a flame war, but is anyone else of the disposition
that VMWare is nice, but not all that and a bag of chips it once used to be?

These days, I'm much happier with Proxmox as my production
Virtualization environment because it supports all the
bells-and-whistles migration features out-of-the box on practically any
server architecture that you can install Debian on.  Further, for
Proxmox all you need is a java-enabled browser to manage the environment
and the internal clients.  How long has it been since VMWare put out a
management tool that worked (well) in Linux?  MacOS?

I'm also a fan of VirtualBox for working with VM images on my personal
workstation/laptop.

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym                                      /\\