[Cialug] Unix History - Thompson and Ritchie

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Wed Apr 27 22:05:21 CDT 2011

On 4/27/2011 7:47 PM, Nicolai wrote:

> I wish there was more information on Thompson and Ritchie passed around.

Dennis has posted to news:comp.lang.c from time to time (do a Google
groups search on the newsgroup to read) and if you lurk there you may
have an opportunity to communicate directly. For more, you might lurk on

> A lot of people probably don't know who they are.  Without their work, I
> wonder what kind of computers we'd be using and what we'd be doing with
> them.

Probably computers more or less like those we're using today - doing the
same jobs we're doing now (although I suspect we'd be producing more
assembly code than we do now).