[Cialug] mounting filesystem types

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Apr 26 10:49:17 CDT 2011

I will let others with more knowledge of Linux internals answer more specifically...

mkfs.[tab] lists the filesystems you can create.  I believe the filesystem format is in the "app", not the kernel, so it should work wherever.

When you mount, the driver can be loaded into the kernel or use a helper "app".  Helpers apps are at mount.[tab].  Those loaded into the kernel are at /proc/filesystems

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Blog: Don't just blame the bad guys, it's your fault too
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej

How are we doing? Let us know here:
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/forms/alliance-technologies-feedback-survey