[Cialug] ROS (Robot Operating System)

Todd Pierce toddcpierce at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 10:46:13 CDT 2011

Dan,

Congratulations on getting your partition to recognize the full 8 gig!

Not only that, you got the ftpd to compile.  Sorry about minicom not
compiling.  Hell, I'm surprised they made a gcc port small enough yet it
compiles stuff at all.
Ah... and you have to rebuild everything all over again on the Chumby.
Well, at least you have practice now.  You're going to be the local expert
on that device pretty soon.  Take notes for us if you can  :)

I still think it's a bit adventurous to be considering using WiFi for the
communications between the Chumby and the S2, if that's what you're doing.
Serial is so... ancient... and simple.. and all you need is a little cable
between them.  Of course, I have no experience with the Propeller, so
everything sounds easy to me if I'm clueless about it.

Remember, if you go WiFi, you're going to need not just the hardware on the
S2, but also the TCP/IP software stack, and some WiFi implementation
(firmware?) not to mention know how to write programs that pass information
over sockets.

Ah, I didn't see that BST toolset.  Why do you need the source?
-Todd