[Cialug] IT-Olympics: Come Volunteer with Us! We want YOU!

David Runneals david at runneals.com
Fri Apr 22 15:28:46 CDT 2011

Fwd from the IT-Olympics Director:

Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 04:52:54 -0500
From: Matthew Sullivan <msulliv at iastate.edu>
Subject: <IASG> IT-Olympics: Come Volunteer with Us! We want YOU!
To: iasg <iasg at iastate.edu>, isucdc10-blue at iastate.edu

I think this will be my last IAGS e-mail of the year... the people rejoice!
I'm also sending this out to the ISU CDC competitors, meaning some of you
might get this twice; I apologize for the spam.

Our big event geared towards high school students, the IT-Olympics, is
coming up very soon!  We need volunteers for Thursday April 28th, and/or
Friday April 29th and/or Saturday April 30th, any time you are available.
We especially need computer-inclined individuals on Thursday afternoon to
help us set up equipment once it arrives at Hilton; our Thursday volunteers
will be tasked with getting computers connected and making sure everything
works.  Friday volunteers are also needed to help troubleshoot minor
computer issues in the CDC, robotics, and video game design venues with the
students.  They'll know how to use the software, but we need YOUR help with
diagnosing basic issues like network connectivity, etc.

If you can help (and we REALLY depend on volunteers), please register ASAP
on our website:
http://www.it-adventures.org/php/add_volunteer.php

Once again that's April 28th afternoon, 29th and 30th all day.

Also, many companies are represented by employees on green and red teams; so
volunteering is a great way to:
A) add volunteering to your resume
B) volunteer for a cause that many large companies actually know about
B subpoint) * such as Rockwell-Collins, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Principal
Financial, Union Pacific Railroad, the Metasploit Project, and the Apache
Software foundation, just to name a few ;)

It's fun, easy to do, looks great on resume, and requires no extra time
outside of those three days.  So what are you waiting for?  GO SIGN UP!

Good luck during finals, and I've been honored to be your President for this
year.  Next year the reigns are being handed off to Chris Marczewski and
Matt Schlue; two knowledgeable and heavily-involved IASG members!

Thanks again, and I hope you enjoyed our time together as much as I did!

--
Matthew Sullivan
MIS @ Iowa State University