[Cialug] FF4 Cooke Management?

Eric Junker eric at eric.nu
Thu Apr 14 12:50:20 CDT 2011

On 4/14/2011 10:58 AM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> At 10:38 AM 4/8/2011, you wrote:
>> Lee,
>>
>> I have not used Windows since Windows 98, but I do use FF. I set it to
>> allow all but third party cookies and keep them until "I close
>> Firefox". Everytime I close they are all gone. However there is
>> another program that stores cookies that many do not know about and
>> that is adobe reader.
>>
>> Go to the following website and you can see and get rid of them.
>>
>> http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
>>

> Bingo - thanks!

You can also delete Flash cookies with the BetterPrivacy addon.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/

For moving the Cookie Monster status bar icon try Firefox 4 UI Fixer.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firefox-4-ui-fixer/

If you really want to see all the ways data can be stored in your
browser take a look at evercookie. http://samy.pl/evercookie/ With the
advent of HTML5 there are quite a few new places where data can be stored.

Eric