[Cialug] Hello and can I get some recommendations

j.bengtson at mchsi.com j.bengtson at mchsi.com
Mon Apr 11 22:53:07 CDT 2011

I've seen recommendations for a range of programming languages, including JavaScript, Ruby, and Python.  Any of those will work, but no one has touched on something that's very important no matter which language you choose...the programming environment.  Some of these languages (such as JavaScript) can be written with something as basic as a text editor...but where's the fuh in that?  What you want to look for is an IDE (integrated development environment) that makes the job of writing code easier.  Take a look at Eclipse (www.eclipse.org) as a good place to start.