[Cialug] Hello and can I get some recommendations

Eric Junker eric at eric.nu
Mon Apr 11 22:18:44 CDT 2011

On 4/11/2011 9:39 PM, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> By the way, if your goal is to make money as quick as possible then I
> might have a third recommendation. It seems to me that Ruby, esp Ruby on
> Rails, is a valuable commodity these days. And, absolutely
> no disrespect to any of the Rails devs I know, it seems to be attracting
> people who are new to the field or programming. Very likely because the
> tool is designed to be so pragmatic (as in, you get to be productive
> very quickly).

As much as I love Python, Ruby and PHP I would have to say that that
vast majority of programming jobs are going to be in Java or .NET. So if
your goal is to be able to easily find a job you may want to consider
Java or .NET. I honestly haven't seen that many Python or Ruby open
positions, especially in Iowa.

Eric