[Cialug] FF4 Cooke Management?

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Fri Apr 8 09:56:36 CDT 2011

I just run my browser in private mode and delete all cookies when I exit.  That protects against attacks of persistence.*

I then use NoScript to protect against Javascript-based attacks (XSS) and Request Policy to protect against cross site forgery (CSRF).

Lastly, I use AdBlock to prevent against malicious ad injection.

I consider that good enough for everyday non-paranoid use.  (I have a much more restrictive setup for when I'm going to known-dangerous sites.)

*Mostly... you need another add on to delete flash cookies.

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Blog: Don't just blame the bad guys, it's your fault too
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej

How are we doing? Let us know here:
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/forms/alliance-technologies-feedback-survey