[Cialug] ot shuttle xpc mobo

jrnosee jrnosee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 09:03:19 CDT 2011

I've seen this on a BUNCH of motherboards recently.  My server, my
sis-in-law's computer, my uncle's computer.  So far every one has been a
dead mobo.  With one of those shuttle boxes you're probably going to have to
send in for repair or get a new PC.

On a side note, one more reason to hate Winblows:

I replace sis-in-law's mobo.  No boot, STOP 7B (boot drive inaccessable).
Caused by no drivers for the onboard SATA controller.  Luckily I found an
offline regedit live CD and enabled ahci sata booting and put the new mobo
in ahci mode.  OK, boots now.  Windows detects massive h/w change and wants
re-activated.  I call into the phone system and run through the
auto-activate wizard and punch in the install ID.  It asks how many PC's the
license is installed on.  Now, keep in mind this is one of the family
3-packs of home premium upgrade.  I say "three," it says *sorry, you've
installed this on more than one pc and it's only a single license*!  WTF?!
If MS is going to sell it this way they need to get they're systems in
order.

P.S. if anyone knows a good place to get a LGA775 motherboard that's
actually still compatible with Pentium D (not Core 2 Duo/Quad) please let me
know.  I'm having a hard time finding a decent board for a fair price. --
MUST BE UBUNTU COMPATIBLE!