[Cialug] Tasks for learning shell scripting

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 22:21:40 CDT 2010

How about a command-line music player manager? You could start with a
basic script which feeds a list of .ogg or .mp3 files to a player such
as mplayer or cvlc. Build on that base by adding features until you've
got playlist management, file discovery/scanning, shuffle, track info
display, etc. This should all be possible through bash.

And no, I've not created such a script myself, but I've done some
basic one-liners to play a selection of files based on various
conditions (file size, format, artist).

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night