[Cialug] Network Card Issues

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Sep 21 10:20:38 CDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Terry A. Haimann
<terry at haimannonline.com> wrote:
> I have Ubuntu (10.04) Lucid Lynx (32 bit) on a laptop and the network
> card isn't working very well.
>
> The networking card appears to be based on a AR5007 Chipset. I have seen
> some docs on how to fix this for Hardy Heron, but not my current
> version.  The card works, but it is very slow.
>
> If I ping yahoo.com under Ubuntu the average time is about 74 ms, under
> Vista it is about 42 ms.
>

> How should I update this system?

There are a lot of smart helpful people on this list but sometimes
with really specific issues like this it's helpful to ask in places
like the Ubuntu Forums. If you don't get an answer soon try asking
there too.

--
Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin