[Cialug] AmesLUG Meeting on Oct 14

Michael Standfest michael at standfest.org
Thu Sep 16 07:33:30 CDT 2010

Meeting Announcements Open Source Hardware -- Arduino has been created.
Submitted by standfst on Thu, 09/16/2010 - 07:30

The next meeting will be held at Ames Public Library at 8pm Thursday
October 14th, though the doors will open at 7:30 so if you want to
show up early, feel free. If you haven't been to the Founder's Suite
yet, just go to the information desk and they'll direct you.

Paul Cowley will present on Open Source Hardware and his experience
with his new toy Arduino, an open-source hardware micro-controller.

If you are interested in some additional information, you can check
out their official information at http://www.arduino.cc or the support
forums at http://www.ladyada.net/learn/arduino/

You can also look into Chumby (a possible future topic) a single-board
Linux computer on open-source hardware at
http://wiki.ladyada.net/chumbyhackerboard and
http://wiki.chumby.com/mediawiki/index.php/Chumby_hacker_board
(official support wiki)

We'll also share our FOSS experiences and have a good time as always.
Bring your laptop, your wireless issues and your favorite distro.

OFFICERS NEEDED: We need a Press Relations officer and a Secretary. If
you'd like either of those positions to put on your resume, please
mention it at the meeting.

(If there is an interest, we can discuss Virtual Machines at the
November meeting.)