[Cialug] finding files with "find" command for specific date

Afan Pasalic afan at afan.net
Fri Sep 10 12:54:43 CDT 2010

  next level question :-)

I'm building bash script (first time in my life) to tar all files within
a same day to one file.
right now I can list all files

#!/bin/bash
x=1
while [ $x -le 7 ]
do
     find log* -daystart -mtime $x -exec ls -l {} \;
done

my idea is to, instead current find line use something like
     find log* -daystart -mtime $x -exec tar -zcf logs_DATE.tar.gz {} \;
though I don't know how to find the date of the selected files?

suggestions?