[Cialug] Fwd: Announcing Micro Instances for Amazon EC2

Kendall Bailey kendall at baileyplex.com
Thu Sep 9 09:37:29 CDT 2010

AFAIK the EC2 service charges a flat rate for the time that your instance is
running, regardless of the workload or lack thereof.  My understanding would
be the charge is $0.02/hr, without any exceptions.  It sounds like they will
throttle the cpu cycles if your workload consumes them too fast for an
extended period of time.  So rather than an instantaneous cpu cap, there's
some cap on the average over some period of time.  I haven't searched for
any details yet.

Kendall