[Cialug] Meeting next week.

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Sep 7 19:52:50 CDT 2010

The defacto topic next week is virtualizatiion.

Do folks care about this?  (Seems to mostly be VirtualBox and VMware these days, are Xen and KVM dead?)

I'm thinking that maybe instead of the scheduled topic, we do something a bit more fun.  I'm thinking (based on recent threads) that we go back five years a so and have a gold old-fashioned distro war.

The goal would be to use the fancy whiteboard in our meeting room and work up good (and funny) questions that lead people down the path to choosing the right distro.  If we're good (and funny) enough maybe one of our web-friendly members could turn it into a web-based Distro Choosenator web-based wizard thingy to put on our spankin' new web site.  (Where is that, by the way?  :)

-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701