[Cialug] cron/bash

Joseph Pietras joseph.pietras at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 17:21:57 CDT 2010

When you run it on desktop it should have permissions to change the
desktop.  But when as a bash script it might not - and I presume so.

% xhost +
will open your X session so that anyone can run anything on it.

If that works you can change "xhost +" to "xhost +<whatever>", I can't
recall the syntax.
HTH
-joseph

-Joseph