[Cialug] AmesLUG Meeting on Oct 14 - OSS Games

Michael Standfest michael at standfest.org
Wed Oct 13 19:39:10 CDT 2010

The next meeting will be held at Ames Public Library at 8pm Thursday
October 14th, though the doors will open at 7:30 so if you want to
show up early, feel free. If you haven't been to the Founder's Suite
yet, just go to the information desk and they'll direct you.

Paul Cowley is out of town, so he will present next month instead.

This month's new topic is OSS games. Bring Your Own [OSS] Game,
whatever it may be. Do you have a fun game that the group might enjoy?
Bring it along, or at least bring some screen shots and a working URL.
Bonus points for anyone who wrote their own game. If there is time, we
might even have a LAN party.

We'll also share our FOSS experiences and have a good time as always.
Bring your laptop, your wireless issues and your favorite distro.

OFFICERS NEEDED: We need a Press Relations officer and a Secretary. If
you'd like either of those positions to put on your resume, please
mention it at the meeting.