[Cialug] PTR records & SPF?

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Tue Oct 12 14:39:56 CDT 2010

No, a given IP can only have one name returned for reverse DNS. Just make sure the HELO matches the reverse and you should be fine. We have hundreds of domains where the MX doesn't match the hostname but there is a matching set of forward and reverse.

Dave

--
Dave Weis
515-224-9229
djweis at internetsolver.com
http://www.internetsolver.com/
Please check out our Complete Support Service
http://www.internetsolver.com/completesupport/