[Cialug] WebDAV?

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Oct 1 14:59:09 CDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Daniel A. Ramaley
<daniel.ramaley at drake.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone access WebDAV shares from Linux? What software do you use?
> One of our CIFS file shares is being migrated to a WebDAV server. In the
> past i used smbclient, but i don't think that will be of much use
> anymore. I don't care whether the share is actually mounted, or if i
> access it via a more FTP-like interface (ala the smbclient i used
> previously).
>
> I can certainly find some options for WebDAV access using Google or
> Debian's repository. I'm just curious if anyone else has experience with
> any of them and can recommend one or two packages to either use or
> avoid.

I love webdav for uploading to the web. I use GNOME so have built in
webdav support. Just add a new network location and choose either
webdav or secure (https) webdav. It will show up in nautilus as if it
were a USB thumb drive or a network folder.

--
Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin