[Cialug] IPSec Routing & Evil NETKEY

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Sat Nov 20 22:37:44 CST 2010

I've not done this in Linux, only on firewalls (Juniper, pfSense), but usually you have to set a route to the subnet on the other side of the VPN through the local ipsec interface.  All the devices that are going to send  traffic through the interface also need to know about the route too - that gets more complicated if the device with the VPN is not your gateway.