[Cialug] Commerical Interruption

Kenneth Younger kyounger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 16:33:06 CST 2010

With verizon I don't pay for tethering, but I've been getting away with
1.2GB some months of data usage with my phone tethered. Of course, the
location I'm at has terrible reception, so I literally get dial-up speeds -
so maybe they just haven't noticed because I've never caused too much load.

And I've been doing it with a non-rooted Droid Incredible through PDAnet *
and* WIFI hotspot.

-Kenny

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Josh More
<MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net>wrote:

>  With 2.2, you can tether without root, but only if the carrier allows
> you.  It's in the OS, but locked unless you pay the $30/mo.  That's one of
> the reasons for all the rooting* going on.
>
> * Non-Australian sense.
>
>  -Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
> morej at alliancetechnologies.net
> 515-245-7701

Kenneth Younger III
Founder, Sheer Focus Inc.