[Cialug] Linux Server Spontaneous Reboot?

Matthew Steven matthew at geniusweb.com
Thu Nov 18 10:42:25 CST 2010

I'm with them, hardware failure.

Basic troubleshooting isn't too hard, as long as you have known-good
parts that are compatible around. Memory would be the easy first place
to check, but other components can also cause exceptions.

PSUs with low voltage on one rail for example can make other components
behave unpredictably too- I had no end of bad luck with power supplies
until I started buying barebone systems from reliable manufacturers.
(Had good luck with Shuttle, Asus, Dell for the most part, Supermicro)

--
Matthew Steven
http://www.geniusweb.com/