[Cialug] decreasing website latency

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Nov 4 11:02:29 CDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Kenneth Younger <kyounger at gmail.com> wrote:

> My only complaint with Nginx is that SSL support requires a separate
> compile of the source code, and Ubuntu's repos don't have a version with it
> included. Unless someone knows of one that is maintained?

In Lucid the package says it's included. In Hardy no mention. I just
upgraded my staging stuff to Lucid and I like it a lot. It's nice having
newer vim and byobu. http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/nginx

One prob that just occurred to me is that this is not supported by Canonical
(it's in Universe) so no guaranteed security updates. I may need to ponder
that a bit.

--
Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin