[Cialug] Vote Today

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 16:09:30 CDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 3:11 PM, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Zachary Kotlarek <zach at kotlarek.com>wrote:
>

>> On Nov 2, 2010, at 2:33 PM, Tim Wilson wrote:
>>
>> > There's an election today?  If only they would run political commercials
>> to remind us of this ....
>>

>> Grandpa, tell me about commercials. What was life like before the
>> 30-second skip button? Did you get your MP3s delivered by the Wells Fargo
>> Wagon?
>>

> A little bit off-topic (on topic?), my wife loves MythTV because the skip
> button doesn't just go 30 seconds, it skips the entire commercial segment.

More on the off-topic: A presenter here at the StL LUG (I think that was the
meeting) on MythTV said his daughter had never seen a commercial until she
was visiting friends who didn't have the commercial elimination feature.
Quite a surprise for a child?

--Don Ellis

PS -- Didn't you get the announcement that voting in certain key districts
was scheduled for Wednesday this year?