[Cialug] Ubuntu's changing look

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Nov 2 10:27:54 CDT 2010

While I'm still not a fan of the .deb architecture over .rpm, I have to share the news from the other side of the fence.

Today Novell canceled the availability of multi-year support.  Practically, this means that if you purchase SLES (or any of the multitude of Novell's half-built other products), you have renew support on a yearly basis.  This likely indicates that the company is having cash flow problems.

Interesting business changes may appear in the coming year.

-Josh More, CISSP, GIAC-GSLC, GIAC-GCIH, RHCE, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net<mailto:morej at alliancetechnologies.net>
515-245-7701