[Cialug] looking for help with wi-fi

chris rheinherren c.rheinherren at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 07:38:30 CDT 2010

Hey All.

I need a bit of help with my laptop's Wi-Fi.

I have a Toshiba Satellite A665-S6094 running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
On a wired connection I have no trouble connecting at all. But Wi-Fi has
some troubles connecting.

1) Takes several attempts before Wi-Fi connects even if there is no security
at all on the wireless signal. Sometimes this takes several reboots to get
it to connect. This will happen even if the computer was connected via Wi-Fi
and went into hibernation due to the lid being closed on the laptop. It
doesn't reconnect without being rebooted several times.

2) The network manager applet while attempting to connect and doesn't will
sometimes just vanish from the Gnome panel.

Now any help would be great .... if there is some information that is needed
from the system please let me know where to get that information so I can
post it or send it.

Thanks

Chris