[Cialug] reboot into a different OS w/ grub

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Mon May 3 15:34:02 CDT 2010

On May 3, 2010, at 3:28 PM, Zachary Kotlarek wrote:

>> Will the above help with the above? Can anyone explain how the command
>> works? (I've searched the grub manual page and can't find reference to
>> savedefault or --once)
>

> http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Booting-once_002donly.html

It's also worth mentioning GRUB's fallback system, which is a little more work to setup and requires a bootscript to maintain the state, but which is more robust, protects against more types of errors, and generally supports more complex behaviors:

http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Making-your-system-robust.html#Making-your-system-robust

	Zach