[Cialug] Virtualbox 3.1.4

Dave Hala Jr dave at 58ghz.net
Sat Mar 27 11:20:13 CDT 2010

I worked out what my issue was with the full screen display on the
Virtualbox RHEL 3.x guest. Turns out the issue is related to the older
versions of X11. Running a server, where you don't need/use kde, the
rhel 3.x guest is fine.

When running a centos 5.4 or Kubuntu 9.x host with a centos 5.x guest,
the full screen display works fine.

On a side note, after installing Kubuntu, I was really impressed with
how polished the kde gui is.  After being a redhat guy for years, I'd
consider running my rhel workstation as the guest and make Kubunto my
everyday machine.

:) Dave