[Cialug] Ubuntu music store

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Mar 22 16:11:05 CDT 2010

Hi, I just updated my Ubuntu 10.04 installation and things are
starting to look nice. Pretty much every bug I've reported has been
fixed (not that it's bug free). In addition, the Ubuntu Music store
launched recently, maybe today. You can buy music and download it to
your Ubuntu One file storage. You get to it from within Rhythm box.

This, combined with the software center and the (at the moment, very
basic) video editor are rounding off the distro as a very consumer
friendly operating system. The new icons for the panel, the new themes
and wall paper really help it stand out. Or should I say fit in with
the other mainstream consumer desktops.

I think it's worth giving it a try.

--
Matthew Nuzum