[Cialug] media center

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 15:10:01 CDT 2010

These days I'm running Mythbuntu on an Atom 330 mini-itx board embedded
in the wall cavity/closet behind my TV, so it looks like there are no
wires involved.  Runs very cool, extremely easy on the electricity bill,
and virtually silent.  The Intel GMA onboard is adequate for 720p at
least, somehow.

Can you send specs on this?  I'm considering an Atom 330 based device
running Win7 (to mix in w/ my other win7 MCE & Xbox360).  I wanted to know
if it could handle blu-ray movies via USB blu-ray drive and output to 5.1
speakers. I know I may sound cheap, but I'm trying to wrap up blu-ray, media
center (extender or full), and audio all at once.  I know I can get a 5.1
computer set that would beat out a lot of more expensive speaker options....