[Cialug] SSH after ubuntu install?

Anthony Jeffries ajeffri at n0nro.org
Mon Mar 22 11:32:15 CDT 2010

Yep. I've run into this one on Debian as well. "sudo apt-get install openssh-server" will fix it.

Also, for remote access, I've been using nx from www.nomachine.com. It runs over SSH, so that's the only port you need to open, and will still let you use your shell from a traditional ssh client. It's much less messy than trying to build your own VNC over SSH solution, and has clients for Windows as well.