[Cialug] SysAdmin Memberships

Jeff Davis me at digitaljeff.com
Sat Mar 20 15:58:09 CDT 2010

I used to belong to both sage and lopsa, but haven't kept up my dues.
Lopsa was a breakoff group from sage.  There were plenty of reasons for the
split (i am sure you can find discussion threads out there.)
Some were political, but one of the reasons I supported it at the time was
that the lopsa folks wanted to focus on defining sysadmin as a job role and
defining best practices.  While the sage group of usenix encompasses this,
they have/had a strong emphasis on on compsci and research.
I never really got much out of either group beyond the info and
recommendations from fellow admins on the  mailing lists.

-Jeff