[Cialug] Nagios and web monitoring

Joseph Pietras joseph.pietras at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 19:13:55 CDT 2010

More on the yes and no.

Extending nagios with this kind of plugin is very easy to do.
be sure to install wget and/or curl and/or appropriate perl modules.
Any of those 3 can do the job.  The all allow for credentials being sent for
authentication of need be.
PERL  modules/objects offer very high level programming, almost cut/paste
from docs on CPAN etc.
-joseph

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Nathan C. Smith <nathan.smith at ipmvs.com>wrote:

>  Yes and no.  Out of the box, no, but you could write (or find) a script
> that grabbed a page and check it against a prior version or a hash of the
> page, or grep for certain content.  I’ve seen a technique for grabbing web
> content described in at least one Nagios book.
>

> -Nate

-Joseph
cell 858-337-9922