[Cialug] Virtualbox

Dave Hala Jr dave at 58ghz.net
Sat Mar 13 13:29:44 CST 2010

Anyone run into an issue switching to full screen mode on a Virtual box
guest when the host os is centos 5.4?   When I switch to full screen,
the guest screen doesn't resize.  I've gotten some responses on the
Virtual forums stating that:

"CentOS does not have a new enough RandR to allow auto resolution. You
will need to set the resolution in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf" I have the
proper X11 config on both the host and the guest.  No change.

Not being able to run full screen is a deal breaker for me. I did have
one suggestion that said to run Ubuntu as the host OS.  Is anyone
running Virtualbox 3.1.4 on a linux host other than RHEL or Centos, with
RHEL 3.x as guest? Do you have screen re-sizing problems?  Is anyone
running a win 7 host and rhel 3.x guest without display problems?

Other than this issue, Virtualbox works great and was easy to manage and
configure.

:) Dave