[Cialug] Inconsistent consistently long DNS lookup times

Matthew Steven matthew at geniusweb.com
Mon Mar 8 13:45:01 CST 2010

Hello,

First post to the list, which I've been enjoying reading.  Hello everyone.

Colin, if you think it may be a problem on the wire, you may also
install bind utils and run

host -v destination.com ns1.another.net

That will give you a more detailed feedback of what takes place on each
lookup. The output should be fairly self explanatory.

Matt

--
Matthew Steven
http://www.geniusweb.com/