[Cialug] Account requiem, or longest-held accounts.

bofh at visi.com bofh at visi.com
Wed Mar 3 20:19:56 CST 2010

"Uptime" depends upon the system's location in the
security onion.  The closer to the outer edge of the
layers, the more important it is to keep an eye on
security patches and your specific risk assessment.  There
are systems where availability is more important, and so
well-designed and managed MLS layers work to mitigate the
security risks to those systems, moving them to the center
of the onion.

As for the university shells, true.  But not all of us are
associated with a university/college for 15+ years. :)