[Cialug] Android Issue?

Ed Meacham (@work) ed at edmeacham.com
Wed Jun 30 10:51:35 CDT 2010

To answer your question: I don't know of a way to block it.

But, I'm sure it possible if you have a root access. Maybe even if you
don't. My first thought is to find out the service name (someone out there
has to know what it is) then write a cronjob to kill it.

I'm not going to try to root my Droid (Milestone) until I get the X. (a
month or so from now) By then, someone should definitely have an answer to
this though. :/

In my opinion, Google is pretty relaxed on the app approval process. it's
nice for honest developers, and for getting updates. Maybe this will
motivate them to start/do better unit testing on apps. I wonder if they
could use this kill method on apps that not installed via the Market?
(they'd need to know the package name, but still.)

-emeacham (@work)